Qu is seeking a Senior Accountant who’s passionate about accounting and eager to join our rapidly growing restaurant technology company. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and like to execute diverse types of projects, then we want to talk to you! At Qu, you’ll work with a talented team that’s making big waves in an industry ripe for tech transformation. .
Top applicants are curious, resourceful, agile, and hard-working team players who want to make a mark while working with amazing people and customers.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively coordinating all finance and accounting functions for QU POS, Inc., including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, inventory management, reporting, and cash management. The Senior Accountant will be the primary owner of the Quote-to-Cash process ensuring accurate revenue recognition, billing, and managing the collections process. Additionally, they will work with our Asset Management team to ensure accurate COGS and inventory.
Quote to Cash Ownership:
- Manage the entire Quote to Cash process, including quoting, order processing, billing, revenue recognition, and collections
- Collaborate with sales, finance, and operations teams to ensure accurate and timely processing of orders and invoices
- Develop and maintain documentation of Quote to Cash processes, including standard operating procedures and controls
- Own customer relationship for collections to ensure timely payments
- Apply revenue recognition principles in accordance with GAAP and company policies
- Review customer contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition treatment
- Perform detailed revenue analysis and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness
Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and Inventory Management:
- Work closely with the asset management team to ensure accurate recording of COGS and inventory transactions
- Perform regular reconciliations between financial records and inventory systems
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in COGS and inventory balances
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements related to revenue, COGS, and inventory
- Provide insightful analysis on revenue trends, variances, and key performance indicators
- Assist with the preparation of audit schedules and support external auditors during the audit process
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve Quote to Cash processes, revenue recognition procedures, and inventory management practices
- Implement enhancements to increase efficiency, accuracy, and compliance
- Proficiency in Excel and work experience in billing (Zuora, ChargeBee, etc) and accounting systems (NetSuite) is a key requirement for this role
- The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, or finance and preferably a CPA with a minimum of 5 years of accounting & and finance experience
- NetSuite experience is a plus