Qu is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist who’s looking for an opportunity to have a huge impact and be part of a growing team in a fast-moving, exciting, and entrepreneurial space.
Do you want to be part of an intimate start-up environment where you can have the chance to contribute to building the foundation of next-generation data products? Are you interested in using the latest technologies to solve real world problems with billions of records of data?
We’re hiring resourceful and talented Data Scientists to join Qu at our enterprise restaurant technology company.
What You’ll Do Here
- Leverage billions of records of enterprise restaurant data to help create the next generation of predictive analytics and data-driven products.
- Design, implement, evaluate, and iterate on machine learning models from prototype to production systems.
- Opportunity to lay the foundation of tools and technology for the underlying platform.
- Opportunity to build generalized data products for external customer consumption – not for internal usage.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality product while meeting aggressive schedules
Experience We’re Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Excellent English – written and oral communication
- Excellent analysis capabilities to take ambiguous problems from concept to product
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques, tools, and latest technology
- Hands-on experience applying ML to solve real-world problems and taking such models to production
- Strong programming skills (in Python preferred) and strong experience writing professional software (clean code, unit tests, etc.)
- Capable with large data manipulation, building and managing training data, feature engineering
- Experience with distributed computing systems (e.g. Spark)
- Experience with Mongo or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with ElasticSearch for Reporting and Analytics
- Experience with Columnar Databases (e.g. RedShift)
The Type of Team Player We Need
- Proactive mindset – enjoys and exhibits a high-degree of ownership
- Experience working in a product company or product type software development experience
- Comfortable working in a small company, start-up, fast moving, ambitious environment
- Comfortable working in an environment with ambitious expectations
- Flexible mindset and able to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent communication – in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Comfortable communicating with a wide range of individuals – including peers, juniors, and seniors and executives
- Intellectual curious, forward thinking, willing to suggest / try new technologies and creative approaches to problems
Qu, formerly Gusto®, is going beyond traditional Point of Sale (POS) technology with a singular focus on fast casual and quick service restaurant chains. Leveraging an API-first approach and a core suite of omni- channel ordering solutions, Qu delivers an enterprise-scale, cloud-based POS platform that’s easy to implement, easy to use, and easy to afford. Improved guest experience, best-in-class integrations, centralized enterprise management, and payment processor choice are some of the reasons leading restaurant chains choose Qu to help them move faster, stay nimble, and increase profits. Learn more at qubeyond.com. Qu’s is backed by leading Silicon Valley investors that have also backed Google, Uber, and Dropbox.