Scalability and rapid growth, enabled by Qu's consolidated order, unified data and API-first approach.
Decrease in time to make menu changes
Increase in digital orders from April 2020 - June 2021
Reduction in resources required to make operational changes
Constrained by technology roadblocks
- Lack of stable Point of Sale
- Limited functionality and feature sets
- Ability to seamlessly integrate with partners
- Extensive time required to maintain POS, menu, and items
- Inability to extract meaningful, actionable data
A POS platform to enable growth and scale
After a rigorous selection and vendor grading process, the need for a POS platform that worked with their existing partners through an API-centric architecture made Qu the top choice for Luke’s. Qu’s enterprise-class unified commerce engine that offered Luke the scalability and extensibility that the company needed, as well as a platform that integrates directly with third-party application partners and makes integrating with these outside systems seamless.