This 55-unit fast-casual Mexican concept replaced 25-year-old architecture and 10-year-old systems with Qu’s modern, flexible ordering and kitchen platform.
months to rollout new POS at 55 locations
drop in online ordering deactivations
hours of decreased labor training
Old architecture hindered growth
After assessing their brand, Freebirds knew their existing 25-year-old architecture with 10-year-old systems built on top wouldn’t get them where they wanted to go. To meet their growth and efficiency goals a full technology refresh would be required.
- Lacked open API architecture for best-of-breed platform building
- Lost sales due to online ordering failures (offline)
- Inefficient labor model with over 80 hours to train new employees
- Inconsistent data and reporting across enterprise channels
Total modernization drives sales & labor savings
After announcing significant unit expansion plans, Freebirds needed a scalable and flexible technology foundation that would help their brand innovate and evolve.
Freebirds partnered with Qu to revamp their entire technology stack including POS, KDS, Back of House, and Online Ordering in under one year.
- Reduced training hours by 98% with new, easy to learn POS
- Reduced lost transactions by 97% with Qu’s ulta-stable, hybrid cloud model and unified ordering system
- Saved over 50% in staff time when making major menu item and pricing changes (previously 110 hours, with Qu > 40 hours)
- Achieved 571% efficiency gains in setup time over Aloha (previous system used)
- Increased ordering speeds with Qu’s unified platform
- Gained a “partner at all levels”