Open up your preferred delivery app on your phone, and it’s obvious to see that we’ve got more choice and convenience when it comes to food delivery than ever before. Whether you’re looking for wings, pizza, or your favorite tacos, it’s never been easier to quickly get your fix.
Although the process of ordering food is simple from an end-user perspective, restaurant operators and in-store staff know that digital ordering and third-party delivery services has increased complexity for those on the other end of the confirmation screen – even without the major industry disruption and acceleration caused by the pandemic.
Does your tech infrastructure meet the needs of a changing marketplace?
The unique rise of virtual brands and ghost kitchens is beneficial for both the guest—who expects a wide variety of choice—and for established restaurants brands that are looking for ways to maximize kitchen capacity and efficiently use labor to drive revenue.
As reflected in our 2nd Annual State of Digital, 50% of enterprise restaurant brands reported they will launch a ghost kitchen or virtual brand in 2021. However, with unique solutions come unique challenges, particularly with regards to technology and operations.
Qu recognized these challenges early on, and can help brands navigate the intricacies of ghost, host, and cloud kitchens with KitchenUP, a bundled, fully-integrated digital solution designed specifically for virtual brands.
Although virtual brands don’t have to concern themselves with a physical, front-of-house experience, that doesn’t mean there isn’t a range of functional complexities to consider and address. KitchenUp is the preferred choice for ghost kitchen management, as the solution was designed specifically to meet the needs of virtual restaurants:
- Streamlined and simplified menu management, delivered by the Qu’s single enterprise menu management solution. Your consumers will be greeted by the same menu, no matter which channel they order from – whether directly from your own online ordering site, or a third-delivery aggregator.
- A single user interface, device and point of truth for all of your delivery partners, through the Qu-1Tablet approach. Your ghost kitchen team members can truly focus on and prioritize food preparation, without the added hassle of working with multiple tablets, UIs, and menus for digital orders.
- Convert data into sales and efficiency gains, through a single, consolidated reporting system for multiple brands and channels. Your ghost kitchen technology can serve as a true differentiator by tying together and producing actionable data that can help you better engage with consumers, and let you manage this all one place.
- Avoid the pitfalls of relying on technology that isn’t designed specifically for ghost kitchens by deploying a forward-looking, truly digital order and kitchen management solution.
- Power a consistent, predictable virtual brand experience through industry-disrupting technology that will delight your guests now and well into the future.
Do you have the right technology to meet these challenges?
- The proliferation of ghost and host kitchens has made it very clear that digital ordering isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, and that consumers are increasingly expecting high-quality consistent experiences when engaging with brands. These virtual brands are a disruptive force within the restaurant industry, and established restaurant companies looking to quickly break into the space need a partner that deeply understands the unique needs and specifics of a cloud kitchen model.
Qu’s KitchenUP solution—and focus on true innovation within the POS space— helps virtual brands succeed, by providing a solid digital-first technology foundation to meet the demands of today’s consumers and tomorrow’s restaurant industry.